Common Terms Used in Ping Pong or Table Tennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Terms Used in Ping Pong or Table Tennis

The first time I played table tennis or ping pong was when I was in high school. I immediately like this game since it is enjoyable and the equipment necessary is not that expensive. There are common terms used in this sport and these are:

Drive - also known as smash
    Drop Shot - shot very close to the net
    Deuce - tie in score
    Rally - ball is at play.

Feel free to add other terms that you know here.

Originally posted by celina17 View Post
    The first time I played table tennis or ping pong was when I was in high school. I immediately like this game since it is enjoyable and the equipment necessary is not that expensive. There are common terms used in this sport and these are:

Drive - also known as smash
    Drop Shot - shot very close to the net
    Deuce - tie in score
    Rally - ball is at play.

Feel free to add other terms that you know here.

thats some really good insight on my side, i never have taken time to get to know the game..

Comment

I do remember the term chop which is a stroke like chopping a ball so that it will fall just short distance in the opponents side. Not sure if I remembered that right. :P
      I think other terms are for strokes like backhand and forehand.

Comment

Originally posted by marvo View Post

thats some really good insight on my side, i never have taken time to get to know the game..
        Good to know that. This is also the reason why I started this kind of thread since not all of us here are aware of all those terms in sports. More for those who do not have any experience with the sports yet.

Comment

Working...
        X