Ping Pong Rules Doubles Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ping Pong Rules Doubles Service

Let's discuss the latest Ping Pong doubles service rules here.

- Ping Pong ball must be served from the right hand side of the white middle line, and served diagonally to opponent side
    - Each player gets to serve for 2 points
    - If the final score is even for both sides which is 10/10, each player gets to serve once
    - i.e. A/B on one team, X/Y on the other team, the serving goes in A serves to X, then X serves to B (A and B change positions), then B serves to Y (X and Y change positions), then Y serves to A, then A serves to X

Kindly correct me if there are any mistakes, and share any additional info you have as well as update the latest changed rules if there are any.
    Last edited by Peanut Butter; 02-03-2015, 06:22 PM.

Comment

That will look like A never serve to Y right? It's true, because for the next game it goes like this:

- For the next game, the first receiver should be the one who makes the serve to him/her from the previous game (let's take X to be the serving player)
      - X serves to A, A serves to Y, Y serves to B, B serves to X, X serves to A, and it goes on

Comment

These are the most confusing rules when it comes to Ping Pong. I played in doubles only once and lol, guess what, every time, the referee had to tell me whose service is in turn. It was so confusing for me, lol....I always wonder how professional players do so without making any mistake whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by mominforft View Post
          These are the most confusing rules when it comes to Ping Pong. I played in doubles only once and lol, guess what, every time, the referee had to tell me whose service is in turn. It was so confusing for me, lol....I always wonder how professional players do so without making any mistake whatsoever.
          I really loled at your post. Well, how are you supposed to play a sport whose rules are not even clear to you? It is strange, lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut Butter View Post
            - Ping Pong ball must be served from the right hand side of the white middle line, and served diagonally to opponent side
            - Each player gets to serve for 2 points
            - If the final score is even for both sides which is 10/10, each player gets to serve once
            - i.e. A/B on one team, X/Y on the other team, the serving goes in A serves to X, then X serves to B (A and B change positions), then B serves to Y (X and Y change positions), then Y serves to A, then A serves to X

Kindly correct me if there are any mistakes, and share any additional info you have as well as update the latest changed rules if there are any.

My understanding is that these are the correct rules to play by.

Of course in my basement we have all kinds of goofy rules. But that is why we are not professionals!!

The way the pros play is unbelievable. HAve you seen the highlights? They can rally back and forth for minutes at a time

Comment

Nice to read this one as I have never tried playing ping pong doubles. Easier to understand the rules for playing singles.

Comment

We have studied about this before during high school as table tennis is part of our physical education classes.

Comment

I have remembered a bit about these rules as I am suggestion
                  • The service must go diagonally, from the server's right-hand side to the receiver's right-hand side.
                  • A doubles pair must strike the ball alternately.
                  • At the change of service, the previous receiver becomes the new server and the partner of the previous server becomes the receiver.
                  After this, I am not able to get any Idea about this PingPong Rules

Comment

Working...
                  X