What are Those Belts in Karate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are Those Belts in Karate?

I have not tried Karate and I am just familiar with it through watching some Karate competitions and movies about it. It is very noticeable that they do wear belts and as far as I know, those belts represent their level in Karate. The white one is the lowest while the black belt is the highest.
    How much do you know about these Karate belts?

i only know of the white and black belt, the white belt is for the less professional but the black belt is for the most professional..

Comment

I know for the next belts in karate:
      - ​Yellow Belt (10.kyu) - yellow color symbolizes the sun, and also light and fertility. Yellow belt is the color of those fighters whose day is dawning in the skills plus new knowledge.
      - ​The orange belt (9.KYU) - Orange represents the color of the setting sun.​ It also implies that his mature knowledge and skills.
      - ​Red belt 1 (8.kyu) - besides symbolizing the setting sun, it is a milestone to the next higher level.
      - Then follow: green belt, blue belt, brown and black belt
      Last edited by Sky Ray; 02-27-2015, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gggagggi View Post
        I know for the next belts in karate:
        - ​Yellow Belt (10.kyu) - yellow color symbolizes the sun, and also light and fertility. Yellow belt is the color of those fighters whose day is dawning in the skills plus new knowledge.
        - ​The orange belt (9.KYU) - Orange represents the color of the setting sun.​ It also implies that his mature knowledge and skills.
        - ​Red belt 1 (8.kyu) - besides symbolizing the setting sun, it is a milestone to the next higher level.
        - Then follow: green belt, blue belt, brown and black belt
        Nice information,thanks.
        I wonder how long one should practice or what test should he or she pass in order to be on the next belt color and level.

Comment

Karate belts yes every level of karate competition have the colors of belts.Karate is not only for sports but learning karate is good to defend one self.

Comment

Originally posted by kingkong View Post
            Karate belts yes every level of karate competition have the colors of belts.Karate is not only for sports but learning karate is good to defend one self.
            Definitely learning karate and other forms/kinds of martial arts can be a good self defense and also to protect others.

Comment

I have watched karate movies too some movies are good that we can learn also karate moves.

Comment

There are movies that really shows some training and even some tips of tricks in learning Karate moves.

Comment

Originally posted by kingkong View Post
                  Karate belts yes every level xender discord omegle of karate competition have the colors of belts.Karate is not only for sports but learning karate is good to defend one self.
                  Last edited by wailta; 08-08-2019, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X