Some interesting things and facts about fencing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some interesting things and facts about fencing

Although this discipline used in the warrior purposes throughout history, it is known that even in old Egypt, fencing existed as a sport discipline. Fencing is one of the few sports that are included in the modern Olympic Games still 1896th. International fencing organization FIE (franc. Fédération Internationale d'Escrime) was established in 1913. FIE has brought clear rules related to fencing, and it is the birth of what we now regard as modern sport fencing. Except as an independent discipline, fencing is one of the disciplines of modern pentathlon.

How is Fencing actually played. I don't really know the rules. it does look interesting on tv during the olympic trials and such but maybe some day i'd want to try it but i just want to get an understanding on how to participate in it properly

Comment

I think fencing is related to royalty as most movies with royalties include practicing of fencing and fencing fights. So it is really from ancient times use to fight and become a sports. I am not familiar with its rules and it will be nice to know more about it here.

Comment

Originally posted by LASport8826 View Post
        How is Fencing actually played. I don't really know the rules. it does look interesting on tv during the olympic trials and such but maybe some day i'd want to try it but i just want to get an understanding on how to participate in it properly
        same here for me i would love to understand it

Comment

Working...
        X