2015 NHL Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 NHL Season

Growing up in Buffalo, NY, I was a huge Sabres fan. Not saying I'm still not because I am still a die hard Buffalo fan, but now that I reside in Las Vegas, I don't really get to follow it as much. Hockey isn't that popular out here. Anyone wanna help me get caught up on the current and future news, scores, stats, basically anything that's big news this season. Also any big things that happened in the offseason that was major. Thanks guys and enjoy the topic! Let's get some good convos on here!

It's really easy. All you have to remember is this: Fear the Blackhawks

Actually, if you've been away a few years, there have been some changes in the power structure in the NHL. Detroit is now in the east, and the West is the power in the NHL. Chicago and the LA Kings have won 4 of the last 5 cups. The NHL regular season is now a seeding tournament for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. There are legitimately 8 or so teams every year that have the possibility to win. LA has won out of the 8th seed twice.

That said, Anaheim looks tough this year. As does Tampa Bay in the East. Right now, my best guess would be Tampa, Boston, Pittsburgh and Montreal in the East, Chicago, Anaheim, LA and San Jose as first round winners. Then the real fun begins...

Comment

Originally posted by bigtom13 View Post

Actually, if you've been away a few years, there have been some changes in the power structure in the NHL. Detroit is now in the east, and the West is the power in the NHL. Chicago and the LA Kings have won 4 of the last 5 cups. The NHL regular season is now a seeding tournament for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. There are legitimately 8 or so teams every year that have the possibility to win. LA has won out of the 8th seed twice.

That said, Anaheim looks tough this year. As does Tampa Bay in the East. Right now, my best guess would be Tampa, Boston, Pittsburgh and Montreal in the East, Chicago, Anaheim, LA and San Jose as first round winners. Then the real fun begins...

That was a pretty awesome recap, thanks for that haha. It does sound a lot different. I do have to respect the Blackhawks because Patrick Kane grew up where I did, so it's nice to bring a trophy home. Based on who I like most as teams, I would probably root for a Tampa/Chicago Stanley Cup.

Comment

Don't forget Nashville Predators! they have really suprised everyone this year.

Comment

I considered carefully. The Preds could surprise me, and they are having a great season. I think they are a little light on the defense to make a serious run for the cup. I have been wrong before

Comment

For Some I've come to really like the Pittsburgh Penguins I think I started really liking hockey after watching that stanley cup final between the Red Wings and the Penguins that went into 3OT's that was a classic that i've never forgotten. I've certainly like their chances again this season to make the playoffs and to make a deep run into and possibly going all the way back to the finals.

Comment

Hardly can wait for Playoff to arrive. It's going to be exciting to see the matchups between each team and then we can discuss down the road how they compare on each side of the puck and who can have a considerable amount of advantage when it comes to a position and then we'll see if we can come up with a verdict to see which team can succeed and go far into the playoff tree

Comment

Originally posted by Ukkonen View Post

Don't forget Nashville Predators! they have really suprised everyone this year.

Who do the Predators have? I am completely blind to their roster, haha. Also, what's their record and how do they look for the playoffs?

Comment

I considered carefully. The Preds could surprise me, and they are having a great season. I think they are a little light on the defense to make a serious run for the cup. I have been wrong before

That's what I love about sports. You really never know. The worst team in the league can beat the best team in the league at any given moment. It's always a mystery until the final horn sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by LASport8826 View Post
                    For Some I've come to really like the Pittsburgh Penguins I think I started really liking hockey after watching that stanley cup final between the Red Wings and the Penguins that went into 3OT's that was a classic that i've never forgotten. I've certainly like their chances again this season to make the playoffs and to make a deep run into and possibly going all the way back to the finals.

That was such an incredible series, especially the triple overtime. I love games that are that intense and the fact that it was in the stanley cup just makes it that much more exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by LASport8826 View Post
                      Hardly can wait for Playoff to arrive. It's going to be exciting to see the matchups between each team and then we can discuss down the road how they compare on each side of the puck and who can have a considerable amount of advantage when it comes to a position and then we'll see if we can come up with a verdict to see which team can succeed and go far into the playoff tree

Looking at the season as it is right now, who would you see in the stanley cup, who do you think would win between the two and what do you think would be the scores?

Comment

Originally posted by RyanBrennan View Post

Who do the Predators have? I am completely blind to their roster, haha. Also, what's their record and how do they look for the playoffs?
                        One of the biggest names to mention is Pekka Rinne imo. One of the best goalies in the league atm.
                        You can check the full roster from: http://predators.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Comment

I thought about your Preds a bit yesterday, and I need to hedge my bet. If Pekka Rinne gets like he can get for the Cup run it could be different. Rinne is the one goalie in the league this season that can put a team on his back for the whole ride.

Comment

That might be the case, but they do have some great names in their defence (for example Shea Weber). And having a good goalie compensates the lack of good defence a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukkonen View Post
                              One of the biggest names to mention is Pekka Rinne imo. One of the best goalies in the league atm.
                              You can check the full roster from: http://predators.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Thank you, I will definitely take a look at that. I remember when my Sabres had Ryan Miller. He was like a god to our city. Sad he left.

Comment

Working...
                              X