Sports Related or Involves Horse Riding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Related or Involves Horse Riding

What are those sports that you can think off that include horses or horse riding?
    Some of these include equestrian sports such as equestrian vaulting, horse racing, polo and rodeo. These sports required a very skillful horse rider.
    Have you tried any of these sports?

No, unfortunately not. Horses are very noble animals and I don't deserve to ride them. I'm kidding. ​I have never ridden a horse, but I believe that this is a unique experience. When I studied in Belgrade, I loved to go to a nearby racetrack and watch horse races. It is particularly interesting to watch horse racing with hurdles live.

Comment

Originally posted by gggagggi View Post
      No, unfortunately not. Horses are very noble animals and I don't deserve to ride them. I'm kidding. ​I have never ridden a horse, but I believe that this is a unique experience. When I studied in Belgrade, I loved to go to a nearby racetrack and watch horse races. It is particularly interesting to watch horse racing with hurdles live.
      At least there is a nearby race track there where you can watch equestrian competitions. I was not able to watched a live horse racing competition yet and I might have the opportunity someday.

Comment

there is a race track near me as well but the racing take place there is betting its horse racing its fun to watch.... i have ride on a horse before but it was a learning process its fun when the horse is moving up and down

Comment

I could think of another sport which is actually a classic one but I forgot what it is called. It is a match in which 2 knights wear armor and holding long non sharp sword while riding in their horses. Whoever will be knocked down or out of the horse will be the one defeated.

Comment

Originally posted by celina17 View Post
            I could think of another sport which is actually a classic one but I forgot what it is called. It is a match in which 2 knights wear armor and holding long non sharp sword while riding in their horses. Whoever will be knocked down or out of the horse will be the one defeated.
            I did some research of it online as I am also familiar with such sports. It is called Jousting, in which 2 horsemen who are wielding a lance with a blunted tip, often as a match. The main aim is to strike the opponent with the jousting sticks while horse riding towards him at a fast speed, if it is possible to break the lance on the opponent's shield or the jousting armor, or making him out of the horse.

Comment

I like barrel horse racing the fastes

Comment

Polo is also related in horse riding

Comment

The barrel race is usually played by females and the fastest time win.

Comment

In Australia they have endurance horse race outdoor long distance horse race

Comment

The movie Hedalgo is an example where there is event of endurance race they cross the dessert.

Comment

Originally posted by kingkong View Post
                        The movie Hedalgo is an example where there is event of endurance race they cross the dessert.
                        It is my first time to know about that endurance horse race. Might do some research about that online to know more about such race.

Comment

The endurance race is the longest race of horses.It is outdoor and can be adventure race also.

Comment

Originally posted by kingkong View Post
                            The endurance race is the longest race of horses.It is outdoor and can be adventure race also.
                            Most probably it is an outdoor race. Maybe it is just being held in Australia and not on other countries.

Comment

I think endurance race can be held also in other counties too.

Comment

Working...
                              X