Sponsored Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are the Common Injuries While Playing Hockey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are the Common Injuries While Playing Hockey?

I have not played hockey and just watched a hockey game maybe twice or thrice. This is a very physical sport as well so there are mostly injuries while playing it. In basketball, it seems common to have ankle or foot injuries, I wonder if what are the common injuries in one can get from playing hockey.

Yes, the ​injuries are very common in ice hockey because this is a pretty rough sport. ​The most common are: back, shoulder (the most difficult to recover), hip, elbow, knee (the most painful) and wrist injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by gggagggi View Post
      Yes, the ​injuries are very common in ice hockey because this is a pretty rough sport. ​The most common are: back, shoulder (the most difficult to recover), hip, elbow, knee (the most painful) and wrist injuries.
      Have you heard or read about a hockey player who have not recovered from an injury attained while playing? How often those wrist injuries happen in a hockey game?

Comment

I have never experienced ice hokey but I think I know well this other type of hokey where it is played in the open field or indoors. the injuries here are variable, you can get the common sports injuries like the hamstring or the wrist, what I fear most is when that hokey stick hits you that the worst . again the goal keeper being hit by the ball if not kept safe

Comment

Ice hockey injuries are very common in the sport due to the fast paced game that it holds. Even though the players are protected very much with their gear and accident can still occur with hockey sticks and players and or getting hit hard and causing the body wind to get knocked out of you. Definitely a risky sport if you are not clearly up for it but definitely fun at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by gggagggi View Post
            The knee and shoulder injuries are very common and as well as some head injuries because some players do fight when they have to be aggressive and you have to defend yourself from being injured from that as well.

Comment

Let's not forget about the teeth!!! A lot of NHL players are missing a lot of teeth!

Comment

Originally posted by JCarruthers View Post
                Let's not forget about the teeth!!! A lot of NHL players are missing a lot of teeth!
                Oh really. They should wear mouth guard then if they are not yet wearing those to avoid more cases of missing teeth.

Comment

I thought they would have already worn mouth guard to protect from those shots. either that or i'm just missing something. but they have a lot of protection but still things do happen every now and then

Comment

Originally posted by LASport8826 View Post
                    I thought they would have already worn mouth guard to protect from those shots. either that or i'm just missing something. but they have a lot of protection but still things do happen every now and then
                    It will be really better for them to wear a mouth guard to avoid losing teeth on possible impacts. It is better to have protection than wait when something really bad happen.

Comment

I have not tried playing it either but I think injuries in various body parts can be common. Like injuries in the feet or legs and hands or shoulder.

Comment

Working...
                      X