Need To Start Working Out, Just Don't Know Any Effective Exercises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need To Start Working Out, Just Don't Know Any Effective Exercises

Hey, just a little bit about myself. I'm 5'5'' and weigh 110 pounds. I'm skinny and have small arms. I am athletic, I've played sports my whole life. Used to have a six pack, but that has gone missing. Basically I want to start working on my arms and shoulders to bulk them up. I wear tank tops a lot so I actually want to look good in them, haha. Any help with this would be great. I do have a gym to go to, so exercises with equipment is acceptable.

Your help is greatly desired.

You should work on your whole upper body (and legs too!) and not try to focus on your arms only. Chest plays just as big role in making you look bigger as shoulders or arms do. Also you should remember that its triceps that make your arm look big, not biceps.
    As for workout routines I'd suggest you to take a look at this site: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts
    It'll take some time but you should really try to test everything out there and find the ones that work best for you. Also remember to seperate your workout days and not try to squeeze every muscle into one day. What I do is 4 different sets per week: 1. Legs 2. Arms (biceps, triceps) 3. Chest and shoulders 4. Back and abs
    That will give your muscles enough time to rest before you do them again.

Comment

I have a small programme for beginners or people who come back to train. it takes a few weeks to get to it but at the end it is effective. the first week consists of outdoor. no gym but the woods. second week we mix the woods with the gym but light weights

Comment

Originally posted by Ukkonen View Post
        You should work on your whole upper body (and legs too!) and not try to focus on your arms only. Chest plays just as big role in making you look bigger as shoulders or arms do. Also you should remember that its triceps that make your arm look big, not biceps.
        As for workout routines I'd suggest you to take a look at this site: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts
        It'll take some time but you should really try to test everything out there and find the ones that work best for you. Also remember to seperate your workout days and not try to squeeze every muscle into one day. What I do is 4 different sets per week: 1. Legs 2. Arms (biceps, triceps) 3. Chest and shoulders 4. Back and abs
        That will give your muscles enough time to rest before you do them again.

That was extremely helpful. I will start doing that and will definitely take a look at the link you posted. I'm very much motivated to get bigger, I just needed to know some good routines, sets and exercises. Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by kirui View Post
          I have a small programme for beginners or people who come back to train. it takes a few weeks to get to it but at the end it is effective. the first week consists of outdoor. no gym but the woods. second week we mix the woods with the gym but light weights

That's interesting. Did you say you were from Kenya? If not, where are you from? And what kind of exercises do you do? I'm interested in seeing how different cultures adapt to fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanBrennan View Post
            Hey, just a little bit about myself. I'm 5'5'' and weigh 110 pounds. I'm skinny and have small arms. I am athletic, I've played sports my whole life. Used to have a six pack, but that has gone missing. Basically I want to start working on my arms and shoulders to bulk them up. I wear tank tops a lot so I actually want to look good in them, haha. Any help with this would be great. I do have a gym to go to, so exercises with equipment is acceptable.

Your help is greatly desired.
            I think you want big arms and strong shoulders along with six pack. Is it right? If yes, it is highly recommend to you to go for upper body workouts. Overhead Shoulder Press, Push ups along with ball rolling, Pilate boxing, Reverse Fly are some of the best arm and shoulder exercises for you to try.

Comment

That was extremely helpful. I will start doing that and will definitely take a look at the link you posted. I'm very much motivated to get bigger, I just needed to know some good routines, sets and exercises. Thank you very much.
              I also recommend bulking since you don't need to lose weight or body fat.

Comment

That's interesting. Did you say you were from Kenya? If not, where are you from? And what kind of exercises do you do? I'm interested in seeing how different cultures adapt to fitness.
                yes I am from Kenya.
                not every person in the country indulge into sports but just a few. there are area in Kenya were you just wake up in the morning and the first thing or activity you see is running, some area you see people just in their farms and they take that as exercise.
                basically this is the village day to day activity.
                back to the cultures the kalenjin indulge in running long distances
                the western people play soccer and rugby
                the luo play soccer swimming and rugby some do hockey
                there is no professional way of working out except in athletic.
                you should come visit you will enjoy being in Kenya.

Comment

Originally posted by bhumika View Post

I think you want big arms and strong shoulders along with six pack. Is it right? If yes, it is highly recommend to you to go for upper body workouts. Overhead Shoulder Press, Push ups along with ball rolling, Pilate boxing, Reverse Fly are some of the best arm and shoulder exercises for you to try.

Thank you, I will definitely give that a try. And yes, that's exactly what I want.

Comment

I also recommend bulking since you don't need to lose weight or body fat.
                    Do you know of any good ways to bulk up?

Comment

Originally posted by kirui View Post

yes I am from Kenya.
                      not every person in the country indulge into sports but just a few. there are area in Kenya were you just wake up in the morning and the first thing or activity you see is running, some area you see people just in their farms and they take that as exercise.
                      basically this is the village day to day activity.
                      back to the cultures the kalenjin indulge in running long distances
                      the western people play soccer and rugby
                      the luo play soccer swimming and rugby some do hockey
                      there is no professional way of working out except in athletic.
                      you should come visit you will enjoy being in Kenya.

That's very interesting. I would love to visit Kenya someday. I would love to see the culture, which is way different from where I live. It would be cool to bring some of my country's sports and games over and see if other cultures would have fun with it.

Comment

Do you know of any good ways to bulk up?
                        I have not personally ever bulked (I've always been a large guy) but I think the main idea is to load your body with "good" energy for a long time and little by little. You need to eat larger meals, more protein etc.
                        http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/eat-...meal-plan.html
                        There is a good example of a bulking diet. Thats ofcourse little over the top for someone whose just starting but you get the idea

Comment

I have not personally ever bulked (I've always been a large guy) but I think the main idea is to load your body with "good" energy for a long time and little by little. You need to eat larger meals, more protein etc.
                          http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/eat-...meal-plan.html
                          There is a good example of a bulking diet. Thats ofcourse little over the top for someone whose just starting but you get the idea

That should definitely help. Thank you for the link. I've just always been really small and I'm getting a little tired of it, know what I mean? Haha.

Comment

Yea I know. Should not take long to get you into bigger condition if you just eat right and exercize regularly.

Comment

Yea I know. Should not take long to get you into bigger condition if you just eat right and exercize regularly.

I definitely have the body to get bigger. I've just never gotten into going into the gym, but am definitely ready to start.

Comment

Working...
                              X