Do You Know Some Prima Ballerina?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Know Some Prima Ballerina?

Are you familiar with a Prima Ballerina, maybe from your country or someone who is known internationally?
    We do have a Prima Ballerina and she became a very famous Ballerina here during the early 80's. She is Lisa Macuja-Elizalde and I have watched some of her shows on TV.

As far as I know, the ballet titles for women are: ​Prima ballerina assoluta, Prima ballerina, Sujet, Coryphée and Corps de ballet. I think these words are translated into English properly!
    The title "prima ballerina assoluta" is rarely awarded in history.​ The first woman who won this prestigious title is ​Pierina Legani.​ However, the most famous ballerina is Maya Plisetskaya, ​one of the best Prima Ballerina of the twentieth century.

Comment

Originally posted by gggagggi View Post
      As far as I know, the ballet titles for women are: ​Prima ballerina assoluta, Prima ballerina, Sujet, Coryphée and Corps de ballet. I think these words are translated into English properly!
      The title "prima ballerina assoluta" is rarely awarded in history.​ The first woman who won this prestigious title is ​Pierina Legani.​ However, the most famous ballerina is Maya Plisetskaya, ​one of the best Prima Ballerina of the twentieth century.
      These are nice information, I never thought that there are classes or types of Prim Ballerina. As I thought that it was already the highest tittle awarded for a Ballerina. I have learned new info.

Comment

Working...
      X