How to play cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to play cricket

I think all of you know how to play cricket. Their needs 2 team each contains 11 members. Bats, balls and stumps. These equipment needs to play cricket.

The game is played with four balls: red, yellow, blue and black. ​In singles, each player play with two balls, red and yellow always plays against the blue and black.​ The team consists of two players, each playing with his ball throughout the game. The game starts behind the line of the field, a player who goes first is called the shot (eng. Striker).

Comment

Originally posted by gggagggi View Post
      The game is played with four balls: red, yellow, blue and black. ​In singles, each player play with two balls, red and yellow always plays against the blue and black.​ The team consists of two players, each playing with his ball throughout the game. The game starts behind the line of the field, a player who goes first is called the shot (eng. Striker).

What??? Are you serious? Isn't he asking about how do you play Cricket? Is it how you actually play Cricket?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporty Guy View Post

What??? Are you serious? Isn't he asking about how do you play Cricket? Is it how you actually play Cricket?
        I think there is no need of such a post as everyone from kids, adult and aged know how to play cricket. On the other hand, if it is a post about how to play a good cricket or something related to tricks for good cricket, it may be a good post.

But....I think, Amirul Jiko should more explain this post so that cricket fans or good cricket players can give suitable answer to this post..

Comment

bhumika some people don't know how to play this sport and it will be very helpful for you to give in the rules so that we know about Cricket. in my country we know the sport as an Indians sports although in the world we see Australia England and south Africa new Zealand joining in the league

Comment

Originally posted by kirui View Post
            bhumika some people don't know how to play this sport and it will be very helpful for you to give in the rules so that we know about Cricket. in my country we know the sport as an Indians sports although in the world we see Australia England and south Africa new Zealand joining in the league
            Hey kirui,

It is a great pleasure for me to help you on how to play cricket. Here are some simple steps which you can follow while starting to play cricket first time:

1. Gather a Cricket Team
            First of all, gather a cricket team, which includes twenty-two players and two umpires. Make a division of the players into two teams.

2. Acquire the Required Cricket Equipments:

The very next step is to gather the required cricket equipments. These equipments include 6 stumps, 4 cricket bails, 2 bats and a ball, 2 cricket uniform, safety gear, 2 Wickets, etc.

3. Collect all Information about the cricket field

There are many resources available to collect all the information regarding cricket field where you can play cricket properly. These resources include Internet, cricket books, cricket expert friends, etc. After learning all about required field, you are now ready to set up the cricket field and Wickets so as to start a cricket match.

4. Playing Team Set Up and Score Run
            Have a toss or something to decide which team will first do the batting and which will do bowling. After deciding batting and bowling, choose two players of the batting team to start batting (Striker as well as non striker). Send them to bat first. Now, another team will send a bowler to pitch the ball to the batsman. The striker will hit the ball. If it is a good hit, then the non striker will run to the opposite end of the pitch and striker to the other end. If it is not a good hitter, it will be good to stand at the same place and not to try to make a single run.

5. Know the Ways of Getting Outs

The batman gets out, if the ball is caught by a fielder before any bounce, if the ball hits the wicket, run out (ball hits the wicket, when the batter is going for a run), etc. Therefore, there are many ways to get out. You should gather all the information in advance so as to play a good cricket with "not-out" label till the end of the game.

6.Play the Game and Win
            After knowing all about cricket, you are ready to play cricket and to score big runs. The match gets finished as soon as all the batting team gets out. The team with big scores wins the match.

I think it will be sufficient for a person who has some knowledge of cricket sport in advance.

Comment

there are two ways of bowling in cricket- Over the wicket and Round the wicket

Comment

bhumika I appreciate you explaining the rules clearly so it helps me understand sport that i rarely get to see being played unless there is an olympic year and there usually is a game of cricket going on

Comment

I like the way they throw that ball, the way the bowler swings, I like the sport coz of a Kenyan legend called Steve Tikolo

Comment

bhumika class="b-bbcode-user js-bbcode-user" href="#" data-cke-saved-href="#">bhumika class="b-bbcode-user js-bbcode-user" href="#" data-cke-saved-href="#">bhumika OTE=bhumika;n2123]

Hey kirui,

It is a great pleasure for me to help you on how to play cricket. Here are some simple steps which you can follow while starting to play cricket first time:

1. Gather a Cricket Team
                    First of all, gather a cricket team, which includes twenty-two players and two umpires. Make a division of the players into two teams.

2. Acquire the Required Cricket Equipments:

The very next step is to gather the required cricket equipments. These equipments include 6 stumps, 4 cricket bails, 2 bats and a ball, 2 cricket uniform, safety gear, 2 Wickets, etc.

3. Collect all Information about the cricket field

There are many resources available to collect all the information regarding cricket field where you can play cricket properly. These resources include Internet, cricket books, cricket expert friends, etc. After learning all about required field, you are now ready to set up the cricket field and Wickets so as to start a cricket match.

4. Playing Team Set Up and Score Run
                    Have a toss or something to decide which team will first do the batting and which will do bowling. After deciding batting and bowling, choose two players of the batting team to start batting (Striker as well as non striker). Send them to bat first. Now, another team will send a bowler to pitch the ball to the batsman. The striker will hit the ball. If it is a good hit, then the non striker will run to the opposite end of the pitch and striker to the other end. If it is not a good hitter, it will be good to stand at the same place and not to try to make a single run.

5. Know the Ways of Getting Outs

The batman gets out, if the ball is caught by a fielder before any bounce, if the ball hits the wicket, run out (ball hits the wicket, when the batter is going for a run), etc. Therefore, there are many ways to get out. You should gather all the information in advance so as to play a good cricket with "not-out" label till the end of the game.

6.Play the Game and Win
                    After knowing all about cricket, you are ready to play cricket and to score big runs. The match gets finished as soon as all the batting team gets out. The team with big scores wins the match.

I think it will be sufficient for a person who has some knowledge of cricket sport in advance.

[/QUOTE]

this is great it has shed more light to me thank you bhumika most appreciated

Comment

Working...
                    X