Terminologies Used in Chess

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminologies Used in Chess

There are terminologies used in chess and I think most are really commonly used by professional chess players. Some very common terms that I am aware of are:
    Check - a move that attacks the King
    Checkmate - a move that attacks the King and there is no way out.
    Castling - A simultaneous one time move whereby king and rook move past each other.

This is one game that i find very boring, always following the same moves and expecting different results. That's is very pitiful always the same routine. my opinion though.

Comment

chess is a game that was played long ago and thats why its known as one of the best classic games but i find it hard to understand.

Comment

Chess is all about strategy. The best players anticipate what the other will do, many moves in advance.

Comment

This is really one of those classical games and I think it is not that boring especially if you are the one competing.
          I do not know lots of chess terms, aside from those mentioned, I knew the word "move" which is any movement of any chess pieces. We also use the term "Touch Move" which means. the first chess piece you touch should be your movement or you cannot move any other piece first aside from the one you have touched.

Comment

Originally posted by Messi View Post
            This is one game that i find very boring, always following the same moves and expecting different results. That's is very pitiful always the same routine. my opinion though.
            I also find this game boring to watch but quite interesting to play. The results area really different especially if you will be playing against different players and changing your moves depends on the moves made by your opponent.

Comment

Working...
            X