Some useful information for chess beginners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some useful information for chess beginners

If you are beginner in this sport, or if you do not know anything about chess rules, this is a useful post for us.
    - Chess and the square board divided into 8 columns and 8 rows, which has 64 fields - alternating black and white.
    - Player begins the game with 16 chess pieces: 8 pawns, 1 king, 1 queen, 2 bishops, 2 rooks and 2 knights.
    - One player plays white and the other with black pieces. They move their chess pieces alternately, but "White" plays first (starts a game).
    - The aim of the game is to bring opponents to checkmate (checkmate means dead king) situation.​Checkmate is a situation where the king was attacked and there is no way to protect themselves from attacks.
    - In addition to checkmate, the game can end in a draw or stalemate - then the score is tied.

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	7638

If you need more information, I can give them to you at all times.
    Last edited by Sky Ray; 02-24-2015, 03:52 PM.

hey thankyou for that useful information, but is it possible if you show me how the movement of all characters goes, and how to win?

Comment

Of course Marvo, ​it will be my pleasure.
      1. First thing - movement of all chess pieces:
      - The king can move one square in all directions.​
      - The queen can move any number of squares - linear or diagonal.
      - The rooks can move any number of squares - just linear
      - The bishops move any number of squares - diagonally.
      - The knight moves to as "L"-shape
      - The pawn moves linear for one or two square (when he stepped on the opponent's half, a pawn can move only one square​), but he "eat" the opponent's piece diagonally​
      2. Second thing - how to win? The winner is the player who checkmate the opponent's king.

I hope I helped you.

Comment

This is a useful thread. Nice information about the chess pieces and their movements.

Comment

Good to see detailed roles of chess pieces here. That is important to know and then to follow the skills or techniques on how to do checkmates.

Comment

Working...
          X