Sponsored Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have You Tried Playing an Online Chess Game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Tried Playing an Online Chess Game?

I have seen some relatives in the household playing online chess games but I do not think it will be an interesting game playing against a computer. So I have not tried it even I can easily try it on my laptop. Anyone here who enjoy playing chess online? Is it as interesting when competed with someone or more difficult to beat a computer?

Yes, online chess can be very interesting. There is a local chess site, and I often play a game of chess there. ​When you beat someone, then you get the points or vice versa - when you lose your points are reduced. ​Based on the points, it is forming a list of chess players - from best to worst. I am located approximately in the middle of the list. The ​another good thing is that players can to chat with each other while playing chess. Also, you can observe a game between two competitors.

Comment

Originally posted by ara-mae View Post
      I have seen some relatives in the household playing online chess games but I do not think it will be an interesting game playing against a computer. So I have not tried it even I can easily try it on my laptop. Anyone here who enjoy playing chess online? Is it as interesting when competed with someone or more difficult to beat a computer?
      You could try https://gameknot.com/ for your online game chess needs.

They even have tournaments and ladder ranking systems.
      Last edited by Sky Ray; 04-23-2015, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gggagggi View Post
        Yes, online chess can be very interesting. There is a local chess site, and I often play a game of chess there. ​When you beat someone, then you get the points or vice versa - when you lose your points are reduced. ​Based on the points, it is forming a list of chess players - from best to worst. I am located approximately in the middle of the list. The ​another good thing is that players can to chat with each other while playing chess. Also, you can observe a game between two competitors.
        It is good to know that it is already possible to compete with real people from other countries just like the other online games available.
        Nice to know too that you can also observe or watch others play chess and be able to learn some techniques from them.

Comment

I prefer playing chess in person or with actual opponents so, I have not tried playing online chess. It is because I also doubt it if I will win against a computer or if the game will be fair.

Comment

I also prefer playing on actual matches. But after knowing that there are online chess games in which you can play against other real chess players from other places, I think it will be worth it to try those online games.

Comment

There's an online chess game that has a ladder ranking system and tournaments, its a actually a community for chess players.

https://gameknot.com/
              Last edited by Sky Ray; 04-23-2015, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by timehunter5 View Post
                There's an online chess game that has a ladder ranking system and tournaments, its a actually a community for chess players.

https://gameknot.com/
                Chess lovers will really like this kind of sites. Thanks for sharing the link here and hope it will really work as described.
                Last edited by Sky Ray; 04-23-2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X