Sponsored Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIBL (Balkan International Basketball League)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIBL (Balkan International Basketball League)

BIBL league is basketball league for the Balkan region. This League is on for a few seasons now. It contains 10 second ranked teams from several Balkan countries. To be more specific there are:
    2 teams from R.Macedonia (KK Kumanovo 2009; KK Kozuv),
    1 team from Bulgaria (BC Rilski Sportist),
    1 team from Romania (SCM U Craiova),
    2 teams from Kosovo (KB Peja; KB Sigal Prishtina),
    1 team from Albania (KS Vllaznia) and
    3 teams from Montenegro (KK Sutjeska; KK Mornar; KK Teodo).

Competition is now in the second phase. KK Vllaznia and KK Teodo are eliminated.

I'm KK Kumanovo Fan, and I always go to their matches. Are there other people who follow this competition, or even are fans of the other clubs?

Btw for those who are not familiar with this league here is the website: http://balkanleague.net

Too bad this league is not taken seriously by the national associations who politicize the competition.
    This league used to have greek and serbian teams, but now that Kosovo teams joined, the Serbs decided to leave. Why the Greeks are no longer part of BIBL I do not know.
    If I'm correct they had Kavala couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by homer View Post
      Too bad this league is not taken seriously by the national associations who politicize the competition.
      This league used to have greek and serbian teams, but now that Kosovo teams joined, the Serbs decided to leave. Why the Greeks are no longer part of BIBL I do not know.
      If I'm correct they had Kavala couple of years ago.
      Yes Kavala was playing last year. And I'm not sure why they don't play anymore. Last year the league was more interesting and it had 12 teamas. Levski (which is now in ABA League) and Kavala were here to.
      If someone is interested in following this, today there are 2 matches.
      Mornar (Montenegro) - Kumanovo (R.Macedonia) 18:30 (+1 GMT)
      Peja (Kosovo) - Craiova (Romania) 19:30 (+1 GMT)
      I will support my KK Kumanovo..
      here you have live streams from this league http://sportmedia.tv/

Comment

Bobinikolovski, Congratulations on your team's victory in Montenegro yesterday.
        Reports are that it was a tight game decided in the last second. Did you watch it by any chance? Is Lukovic still playing for Kumanovo?

Comment

gjole
          Thanks man it was tight win. I didn't watched it but I saw statistics. And yes Lukovic still play for us. He is our best player, yesterday he had 26 points, 13 rebounds and 4 blocks. Also Branislav Djekic ex Partizan player is in our team, so we are very good in the rebound part. 2 very good high players. The only problem we have is the coach.
          btw results from yesterday were:
          KK Mornar 86-88 KK Kumanovo
          KB Peja 60-67 SCM U Craiova

Comment

bobinikolovski
            I know the BIBL is limited to the balkan region. I have not followed it very closely though. What is the motivation for the clubs to participate there? I guess quality of the teams is far from any euroleague positions, but does the winner and the runner up get to play any eurocup or eurochallenge matches when the win the BIBL?

Comment

Originally posted by gjole View Post
              bobinikolovski
              I know the BIBL is limited to the balkan region. I have not followed it very closely though. What is the motivation for the clubs to participate there? I guess quality of the teams is far from any euroleague positions, but does the winner and the runner up get to play any eurocup or eurochallenge matches when the win the BIBL?
              Actually they don't have anything from that type of motivation. I guess is just a some reputation for playing outside of our weak League system. And probably showing to ABA League that they could do it. As you see Levski from BIBL moved to ABA Legaue. So BIBL is like some kind of secondary league if we look in ABA as primarily.
              Btw if someone is interested.. today's matches:
              Sutjeska (Montenegro) Vs. Prishtina (Kosovo) 18:00 (+1GMT)
              Kozuv (R.Macedonia) Vs Rilski Sportist (Bulgaria) 19:00 (+1GMT)

Comment

Working...
              X