Sponsored Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LeBron or Jordan.. Who will come out on top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron or Jordan.. Who will come out on top?

I, personally, am not a big fan of this question. It's really tough since the two players were part of different eras, had different styles of games and were just totally different. However, I am interested in how everyone else feels about it. When replying, don't just say Jordan and James because they're your favorite player. Think about it and give a detailed reply, no one cares who your favorite player is.

To me, Jordan> Lebron

I think Jordan is way better, he has more rings as well as scoring titles.

Also, he performs well during finals unlike Lebron who only has 3 quarters. jk.

Comment

i agree with you jordan is by far the best basketball player of the world!! he knew when he was in the stadium to play multiple positions either play maker or quard.he had an imagination on his play

Comment

Originally posted by Haru View Post
        To me, Jordan> Lebron

You have to remember, LeBron James still has plenty of time to get the rings. With his current team, although they may not win it all right away, it's going to be easy for him to match Jordan's rings. And while LeBron was with the Miami Heat, he did pretty well in the fourth quarter. It's not that he's not clutch, it's just that when he finally makes one mistake, everybody blows it up and makes it look worse than it is .

Comment

Originally posted by peacock83 View Post
          i agree with you jordan is by far the best basketball player of the world!! he knew when he was in the stadium to play multiple positions either play maker or quard.he had an imagination on his play

As far as overall game goes, I think it's no doubt that LeBron James is better than Jordan. Yes, Jordan is a better scorer, but there'e more to that. LeBron is a great rebounder, great passer, great leader, just a great overall basketball player.

Comment

I have heard this question a lot of times already but I still can't make up my mind who's gonna be better if it happens that both of these guys played on the same era. However I would still say that MJ is the better player. He's a complete player as LeBron is however I think MJ is more of a leader than LBJ. I remember Jordan demanding the ball early in his career while LeBron steps aside during clutch moments and gives the floor to Wade back when he's still in Miami. However LeBron has more years in his career and will eventually be a leader like what he is now in Cleveland.

I also think that MJ is a better shooter than LBJ. That could spell the difference since both players are extremely athletic.

Comment

Originally posted by Haru View Post
              To me, Jordan> Lebron

I can see what you're saying. Jordan does have more scoring titles, but that doesn't make him someone the best player. I think what LeBron brings to the table over Jordan is the fact that LeBron is a more versatile player with his game. He rebounds well, gets a good supply of assists and does work defensively. I'm not saying Jordan didn't do those things, because he did. However, I think James does have that aspect over Jodan.

Comment

Originally posted by peacock83 View Post

James does the same thing, though. Jordan could play a solid small forward, shooting guard or point guard. On the other hand, we've seen James do well in any position, including center. And no matter what position he played, he still managed to keep the foundation of his all-around style of play.

Comment

Originally posted by DirKnowMe View Post
                  I have heard this question a lot of times already but I still can't make up my mind who's gonna be better if it happens that both of these guys played on the same era. However I would still say that MJ is the better player. He's a complete player as LeBron is however I think MJ is more of a leader than LBJ. I remember Jordan demanding the ball early in his career while LeBron steps aside during clutch moments and gives the floor to Wade back when he's still in Miami. However LeBron has more years in his career and will eventually be a leader like what he is now in Cleveland.

I also think that MJ is a better shooter than LBJ. That could spell the difference since both players are extremely athletic.

I agree that MJ was a better leader. He definitely knew how to control a team and make his teammates compete more intensely and get their heads in the game. LeBron does that, but I feel like he loses confidence most of the times when they need him most. However, just to comment on the clutch statement about Wade, that wasn't entirely James' fault. When you're on a team with three All-Stars, they are going to all want that last, buzzer-beater shot. I think it was more taken as respect so the other star players on the team can have their chance.I totally understand what you're saying, though.

And in response to the better shooter, I agree that MJ was more of a threat. He knew how to make some incredible shots, especially the clutch ones. And they are both very athletic, although I feel LeBron definitely has the more power and strength to his game, especially against the kind of players we see today (bigger, taller and stronger).

Comment

MJ was the best at his time owing the fact that in that generation he was the star and many would have listen to him. look at LeBron and the generation he is in presently, it really makes him look low but so high. believe you me if you bring back MJ now and put them in the same situation with LeBron you will see LeBron shining

Comment

Originally posted by kirui View Post
                      MJ was the best at his time owing the fact that in that generation he was the star and many would have listen to him. look at LeBron and the generation he is in presently, it really makes him look low but so high. believe you me if you bring back MJ now and put them in the same situation with LeBron you will see LeBron shining

I think the easiest way to go about this is to say MJ was the best of his time, just like LeBron is the best of his and there will probably be another player in the future with the same statute. However, I do think there are a lot more explosive all-star players today that get hidden from the hype of James, Kobe and Durant.

Comment

I don't even think it is close. LeBron isn't in the discussion. A great basketball player? Certainly. Who is the best? The guy with 6 rings.

When the playoffs start, we have seen LeBron disappear from time to time. MJ NEVER went away. Dennis Rodman has way more rings than LeBron will end up with.

So. Was MJ the greatest ever? Maybe. You have some other names in that discussion. Chamberlain, Russell, Kareem, Johnson, Bird. Different generations are hard to compare, but those names certainly need to be mentioned. I'm not so sure LeBron fits in that class...

Comment

Originally posted by bigtom13 View Post
                          I don't even think it is close. LeBron isn't in the discussion. A great basketball player? Certainly. Who is the best? The guy with 6 rings.

When the playoffs start, we have seen LeBron disappear from time to time. MJ NEVER went away. Dennis Rodman has way more rings than LeBron will end up with.

So. Was MJ the greatest ever? Maybe. You have some other names in that discussion. Chamberlain, Russell, Kareem, Johnson, Bird. Different generations are hard to compare, but those names certainly need to be mentioned. I'm not so sure LeBron fits in that class...
                          I believe he fits in the class. Rings are definitely hard to get, especially when you look at the competition these players have to, and have had to, compete against. It definitely takes a team that is on the same page 24/7 percent of them time. For example, the Spurs last year. I'm not saying LeBron hasn't had good teams and good teammates to make the journey to being the champion. However, I think MJ did a better job of keeping everyone of the same page, whereas LeBron hasn't shown that completely. It's there for James, just not as big of a part as MJ.

Comment

true RyanBrennan a player reigns at his or her own time. that summarizes all.

Comment

Originally posted by kirui View Post
                              true RyanBrennan a player reigns at his or her own time. that summarizes all.

That's a solid summary, kirui

Comment

Working...
                              X