Sponsored Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is There A Retirement Age in Baseball?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is There A Retirement Age in Baseball?

    I have read anything about a specific retirement age for baseball players. So, I would like to ask here those who are baseball fans or have knowledge about this subject. Is there a retirement age in baseball? What is the oldest age or the oldest player in baseball?

  • #2
    Yeah, there are many "old guys" (I mean players in their 40’s) in baseball today, and some of them are:
    - LaTroy Hawkins: Rockies: 42 years
    - Bartolo Colon: Mets: 41
    - Ichiro Suzuki: Marlins: also 41
    - Mark Hendrickson: Orioles: Age 40, and so on.
    Howeever, these guys ​still play very well.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by gggagggi View Post
      Yeah, there are many "old guys" (I mean players in their 40’s) in baseball today, and some of them are:
      - LaTroy Hawkins: Rockies: 42 years
      - Bartolo Colon: Mets: 41
      - Ichiro Suzuki: Marlins: also 41
      - Mark Hendrickson: Orioles: Age 40, and so on.
      Howeever, these guys ​still play very well.
      I think those ages can still really play so well. Are you aware of the oldest player ever played in baseball?

      Comment


      • #4
        Maybe there is no retirement age. As long as you can play baseball and have a team to play, you can still play. Michael Jordan tried or played baseball when he retired in baasketball.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think this is one of the sport that people play to old age. in athletics like marathon people retire early

          Comment


          • #6
            i agree with guys, i believe there is not a retirement age in this sport.if someone is over 40 or 35 and they possess endurance they can play.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kirui View Post
              I think this is one of the sport that people play to old age. in athletics like marathon people retire early
              Nice point. There could be sports where one can play on older ages compared to other sports that really require physical strength just like in athletics.

              Comment


              • #8
                I think also bowling is another sport even the old play. another game is dats unless one has a bad eyesight.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kirui View Post
                  I think also bowling is another sport even the old play. another game is dats unless one has a bad eyesight.
                  I would agree since those sports does not require much of physical strength. Those mind sports like chess most probably do not have retirement age too as long as you still have a sharp mind.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by celina17 View Post

                    I would agree since those sports does not require much of physical strength. Those mind sports like chess most probably do not have retirement age too as long as you still have a sharp mind.
                    Yes they don't require more physical strength. Chess is one of the sports that most champions start playing at a very tender age and don't get tired of it for a long time. I admire the players but don't like the game coz it is time consuming and might lead to obese

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X