Marathon: The Endurance Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marathon: The Endurance Running

If you are actively joining marathons, what is the longest distance you have run so far? Or what is your best record so far when it comes to distance and/versus time? It will be very interesting to know if someone here is a competitive marathoner or already won in a race.

i decided to participate in a charity one in my country very soon, so i soon can give my time and position in my first marathon

Comment

marathons are for kenyans like me, name any type of marathon, the longest to the shortest, i have run in all but unfortunately the best i ever came close to winning was the third runners up, dont laugh though, i bet i would beat you anytime..

Comment

When I was younger, I loved to run to the nearby village, and to come back.​This is a distance of about 5 kilometers (10 kilometers both directions). I consider that 42 kilometers (marathon) are a very ​serious distance, and ​ it requires a ​great physical condition.

Comment

Marathons are a lot of fun depending on the ones you do. Since i do have a physical condition I try to limit myself to the walking ones. So i do a lot of the charity walks as well for 5 to 10 miles it's so good that i can enjoy a walk while helping to raise money for a good cause.

Comment

despite the fact that i am in good health condition and i walk or run 5 or 10 km, the distance of 42 km is too much.i prefer walking or running close distances.

Comment

Originally posted by marvo View Post
              marathons are for kenyans like me, name any type of marathon, the longest to the shortest, i have run in all but unfortunately the best i ever came close to winning was the third runners up, dont laugh though, i bet i would beat you anytime..
              Being a third runner's up is a big accomplishment already in marathon cause it is not easy to run long distances. More if you competed with lots of other marathoner and able to be one of the best. Congrats on that position.

Comment

yes I also run marathons when I was in high school because I am a middle and long distance runner I won medals also with in top ten

Comment

Originally posted by kingkong View Post
                  yes I also run marathons when I was in high school because I am a middle and long distance runner I won medals also with in top ten
                  That is really nice to know. I might try joining some marathons here in the future and it those will be for fun only and for a cause.

Comment

yes nice to join for a cause marathons

Comment

Its been a craze here already but I have not try joining any yet. Maybe someday just for fun and to have an experience on it.

Comment

Originally posted by kingkong View Post
                        yes nice to join for a cause marathons
                        Yes, marathon can be a good way to raise funds especially for those good causes like for the environment.

Comment

Working...
                        X