Sponsored Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something more about the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Something more about the NFL

    I started watching NFL since last years Super Bowl and it is very interesting to me. The only problem is that I still don't know the important dates. I have some questions if anyone could help me understand this more. First of all I need to know this.
    Is there any matches between Super Bowl and start of the next season?
    When is the NFL draft?

  • #2
    No games until (pre season) in September. A long wait. The draft is April 30-May 2 this year. .

    The official year begins in about a month. Free Agency begins then (teams have a strict no contact rule before the date) and there are always a LOT of players changing teams during that time. The draft is typically to help your team long term, but Free Agents can (and should) have an immediate impact.

    This is always a nervous time of year for fans. For instance, the Cardinals have two key players that are eligible for Free Agency. Will the team sign them before? Will they let them test the market (and probably lose them)? Larry Fitzgerald and Antonio Cromartie are both pro bowl players....

    Comment


    • #3
      Tnx a lot man, this really helps. I'm disappointed that NFL season last only 6 months but thats it. Maybe they follow that rule "the things you have less, you want more".

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree with you too something you get less, you build so much interest in it so its worth waiting for. this breaks also give this guys a chance to get cured on the knocks they receive at the time of a game. I bet the coaches changes strategies too.

        Comment


        • #5
          There's probably a lot that does go one behind the scenes that we don't know about in the NFL even though there's still come coverage of stories it's not as massive as during the season. it'll be interesting to see come the end of april how the draft turns out and if there will be any surprise picks as the #1 draft pick which this year goes to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers which I think their season can definitely be of a turn around for them after this past one if they select the right players

          Comment


          • #6
            There's no such too as No NFL once the super bowl is over Coaches are always still strategizing about what to prepare for next season and how to improve on things that aren't broken. It brings upon that football mentality that the game is always in the mind and that every team is going to be successful if they make the right moves and taking the chance to letting a player go in hopes of getting an even better one

            Comment


            • #7
              LASport8826
              That is ok but still, there is noting for us to watch. Strategies, transfers, draft.. that is all ok, but for example in fudbal you have 9 months League and than in the summer qualifications for Champions League or League Europa. Isn't there something like that in NFL? Or even some friendly matches?

              Comment


              • #8
                Do you guys play fantasy football? I am in a couple of leagues, and it keeps my interest year round. I am always searching for who went where during free agency (ESPN dot com does a good job of covering this) and who has drafted who.

                Comment


                • #9
                  As I sad before I only watch NFL for one season and I did not know the players well for that. But if I don't forget till than I will try to do it next year. Fantasy Football is interesting thing. I play fantasy football but for Premier League.. which probably is not relevant for this topic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bobinikolovski View Post
                    LASport8826
                    That is ok but still, there is noting for us to watch. Strategies, transfers, draft.. that is all ok, but for example in fudbal you have 9 months League and than in the summer qualifications for Champions League or League Europa. Isn't there something like that in NFL? Or even some friendly matches?
                    I wish they had football all year round but unfortunately that would be a little much especially with what the players already go through with the fall. I'd love to see some summer league too in the NFL it would definitely make up for lost time that we missed during the regular season in the fall end of the year

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bigtom13 View Post
                      Do you guys play fantasy football? I am in a couple of leagues, and it keeps my interest year round. I am always searching for who went where during free agency (ESPN dot com does a good job of covering this) and who has drafted who.
                      I play in a league once year using the NFL.com system I am in a customer league and it is quite fun. I always check free agency as the fall draft approaches for our league to see who is a good player to draft for the upcoming year and as the season goes along i make the necessary adjustments to keep being successful throughout the league season

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LASport8826 View Post

                        I play in a league once year using the NFL.com system I am in a customer league and it is quite fun. I always check free agency as the fall draft approaches for our league to see who is a good player to draft for the upcoming year and as the season goes along i make the necessary adjustments to keep being successful throughout the league season

                        I use the ESPN one every year. I usually get a couple of teams together and try to get first place in all of them, haha. Fantasy football is very fun to me and I look forward to it every year.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RyanBrennan View Post


                          I use the ESPN one every year. I usually get a couple of teams together and try to get first place in all of them, haha. Fantasy football is very fun to me and I look forward to it every year.
                          First place and bragging rights is such an good feeling to have and i really look forward to it in the fall season. I want to do the best I can in order to be successful. I hope next season i can do well again and to win for the second time in my custom league

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X