What do you think of the First College Football Playoffs in 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of the First College Football Playoffs in 2014-2015

I'd like to get your all opinions on what you thought of the college football playoff system that was first implemented this past football season within the college ranks in order to create drama and allow all different kinds of conference to jump in and participate in some of the big college football bowls that are offered to every team?

For me my opinion is that it was a success. It really showed that any team no matter what record they all had an equal chance to get into the big game in January. The Ohio State Oregon Final was a classic although it did have blow out implications at the end because the Oregon defense just struggled to stop a 3rd string quarterback and could not find any offense in the second half of the game and it was ultimately their doom. But I really thought the overall structure for the system really worked well and it commended each teams performance.

I hope that next season will be just as great with this new playoff system.

It definitely was a success, and I enjoyed it. However, I think it could be implemented differently in the future. Perhaps, more teams could be involved, similarly to the NFL. That would be pretty cool. I'm just not sure how exactly it could be implemented due to all the different conferences that are in college football.

Comment

Well. I think it was epic, particularly for the first year. The committee got the teams right, and the games went as they should have. Well, except for the championship QUACK!

I'd like to see 8 teams involved. 5 conference champions and 3 voted on by the committee. Play the first round at 'lesser bowl games' prior to Christmas, 2 on New Years Day (just like it was this year) and a championship game. That's what I'd like to see.

Comment

I didn't have a chance to follow college football that much this season, so I am not very familiar with the new system. Can anyone explain how it works now? I couldn't stand the old system, so hopefully this one is much better and balanced.

Comment

Basically 4 Spots are up for grabs each season now. The top 4 in the final polls in December decided by the committee then go on to play in 2 Semifinal Games and the winner's of each game go head to head in the national title game to decide a Champion. So its no longer by computer calculations with numbers

Comment

Okay, yeah, I definitely like the new way a lot better than the old way. I think they finally made it more fair, giving the college players a good feel for what the NFL will be like.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanBrennan View Post
              Okay, yeah, I definitely like the new way a lot better than the old way. I think they finally made it more fair, giving the college players a good feel for what the NFL will be like.
              Yeah definitely like an NFL style playoff its something that its different from the old system where it was not controlled by a human but more by computer in which they determined who went to the final championship game

Comment

Working...
              X