Super Bowl XLIV Discussion Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl XLIV Discussion Forum

I think we should keep all the thoughts from this year's Super Bowl in this forum!

There are a lot of topics to choose from:

1. Tom Brady/Bill Belichick legacy (4 Super Bowls together)
    2. Wilson's interception with 20 seconds left (should the Seahawks have run the ball?)
    3. Marshawn Lynch will not speak to the media

I've been a Buffalo Bills fan ever since I was born. With that being said, I hate the Patriots with a passion. However, I can't deny that they are one of the greatest football franchises in history. In addition, Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are one of the greatest Coach/Quarterback duos to ever join forces. They have done things together that are tough to do in the professional league.

Although I really wanted the Seahawks to win that game, I have to give credit to the Patriots this year. They didn't give up when they could have and it led to being put on top.

Comment

As far as Marshawn Lynch, there really shouldn't be a lot of hype about his decision to not speak to the media. He came right out to the media in the past saying he wants nothing to do with them. It's just Marshawn Lynch being Marshawn Lynch. If he doesn't want to speak to the media, then respect his decision. He's not doing it to gain attention or look like a sore loser, he just doesn't want to deal with the media.

Marshawn Lynch is to the media much like Kanye West is to the paparazzi.

Comment

Yeah man I don't get the Marshawn Lynch hype. If I kept trying to talk to someone and they never said anything back, I'd leave them alone. Simple as that.

These media guys just need something to talk about for the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl. And he's basically offending them, so they love dragging him through the mud.

Comment

It's impossible to deny the greatness of Brady/Belichick. Although in my opinion, they are very reliant on one another. I don't think either of them wins 4 Super Bowls if they didn't have each other.

Which makes it even better that my boy Eli Manning is only guy to beat them in a Super Bowl (twice)! Ruing their perfect season in 2011 was by far my favorite moment as a football fan.

Comment

For me being a fan of football I thought it was a great game overall. I was really hoping that the Seahawks would pull it out in the end. They really got lucky with that big catch late in the game I'm still in awe over it, but they really should be commended that no matter how the result would have ended they wanted to put on a show and The seahawks decided to play high risk high rewards and it turned on them. I'm sure they will get their revenge next year if these two teams meet again

Comment

I agree the Seahawks were so so close to getting their back-to-back championships.

As always, it's so hard to repeat. And this offseason, they will have some big decisions to make, especially with Lynch. In my opinion, they still need a big-time playmaker at the wide receiver position. I think Ruseel Wilson needs to get paid too.

Big decisions to be made! That's why those executives get paid the big bucks, and not me

Comment

So. I didn't have a dog in the fight. My Cardinals were home watching on TV, same as me.

I don't think that call was as bad as most. It turns out it should have been thrown away, but that is a bang bang play in a crowded zone.

Marshawn Lynch is contractually required to attend the media events. He did so.

If they want to let him go, I'd be real happy to see him in Arizona.

Comment

I saw only the first half of the Super Bowl because of the time difference. And I was disappointed in the morning when I saw how the result was going. I'm glad Patriots win but I was sad I didn't watched maybe the best Super Bowl half ever. And R.Wilson mistake wasn't so big. Few attempts before to run the ball wasn't successful too, so he had to try something different.

About Marshawn Lynch. I respect that man! He doesn't want to speak with the media and everyone should respect that. He just want to play his game and everyone else to leave him alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bobinikolovski View Post
                    I saw only the first half of the Super Bowl because of the time difference. And I was disappointed in the morning when I saw how the result was going. I'm glad Patriots win but I was sad I didn't watched maybe the best Super Bowl half ever. And R.Wilson mistake wasn't so big. Few attempts before to run the ball wasn't successful too, so he had to try something different.

About Marshawn Lynch. I respect that man! He doesn't want to speak with the media and everyone should respect that. He just want to play his game and everyone else to leave him alone.
                    I agree with the assessment about Marshawn I mean the medias is there to get stories from its star players. I can understand from time to time it can be a hassle because they need to get some material for their stories. Marshawn does interview the way he wants to it shouldn't be made a public spectacle because he doesn't want to say much. I mean i don't like speaking in front of hundreds of people so i don't blame him for being so few in his interview speeches.

Comment

LASport8826
                      Yes man, bur did you ever think how much character you need to do that. People want to be famous, want to speak about themselves, especially when they are so popular. And he resist that. I admire him. We all say fame could not change us and still we see every famous person changed, I have strong character and I'm very headstrong but even I doubt that I could resist that fame as much as Marshawn does. That is why I respect him.

Comment

Indeed I respect him highly too for his opinion of the game no matter how redundant he may be sometimes with his interview he speaks the way he does and doesn't let his fame like you said get in the way of his playing style. He leaves it out clearly on the field and his success to do that shows highly in his numbers throughout each season that he has been with the seattle seahawks

Comment

Originally posted by brmgp1 View Post
                          Yeah man I don't get the Marshawn Lynch hype. If I kept trying to talk to someone and they never said anything back, I'd leave them alone. Simple as that.

These media guys just need something to talk about for the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl. And he's basically offending them, so they love dragging him through the mud.

Cheers to that! The media will do anything for attention and anything for a paycheck. Nothing false about that.

Comment

Working...
                          X